Σάββατο 12 Ιανουαρίου 2008

When a circle comes to its end.


Aggelaki and Diavolaki are trying to explain the mystery of people meetings and their ends...

Well, many people think that life is just a serialization of circles. Life comprise of many many circles and if we put them one after the other we have the chain of life. Last June, a new circle started in my life, here in this small city of Athens. It was just another boring summer night and I had to go with a friend of mine to a party. The organizer was an American guy that my friend knew for some months. I thought "what the hell, let's go to the party to have fun". And we did. For obvious reasons I'm not going to say his name -lets just call him "G"-.

The party night was great. I remember that I was sitting very quite in a corner, drinking my North Vodka and watching the other guys talking. After a few hours I decided to get into the conversation, somehow. A guy asked me about my job and we started talking and that's how i started meeting the guests. We were talking for many hours and then another guy -let's just call him "N" joined us. We were talking, talking and talking for hours.

When the time to leave had come, we said goodbye to each other and that was all. It was just another "empty" party night. Well, at least that's what I thought...

Many, many months later, somehow, "G" contact me through the MSN messenger. We reminded to each other who we were and then he invited me to another "drinking meeting" he was about to organize. I cowardly went. The one party brought the other and that's how i got close to "N" and "G". We were very good friends and we often had fun together.

But through those seven months, many things changed. I split up with "M", "N" leaves Greece and goes to Germany for his studies and finally it's left me, "G" and some other friends of his. Actually we were having a great time, I met a lot of -international- friends and of course those two fuckin' great cats of "G", Chess and BB.

And then, the news came from his job. "G" had to move back to the States and then somewhere in Europe - transposition from his job-.

Well, in one point that was not that sad as it seems. After all, we all knew this was coming. But if you think the events, the meetings, the experiences, the good and the bad things, the emotions i had during all these months, is just hard.

You know, when you are getting close to a person, when you get used to see him and the other friends of yours 2-3 times a week for the last 7 months, is just hard.

Well, I will never forget the (unforgetable!!!) show we created "Chris with Coffee", the first insidental meeting we had, the endless conversations, uhm the kitties and so many, many other snapsots that i cannot remember right now.

As i always say, a circle just came to its end. But you know what? A bright, platinum, gold one is about to start. Maybe the distance will tire us a bit, but well, who cares after all? We are going to continue the chain we've started one way or another.


Deticated to "G". Have a great time, luck and love to your new start, up there.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: